Tamil Nadu is an Indian state and it is famous for its political and Tamil cinemas. Tamil Nadu has 72 million population and it covered 130,058 square kilometers of area. Tamil Nadu is well famous for its culture, food, and temples. There are thousands of temples in a different part of the state.
Chennai city is formerly known as Madras. It is one of the oldest city in India and also it is one of the most famous cities in south India. Some remember it for its delicious foods and its friendly locals while for others remember it as one of the most humid and hot climate as well as the cultural city. Considering all of these things Chennai is doubtlessly one of the most important cities in India.
Facts about the Chennai city
- Chennai is the capital city of Tamil Nadu and it is located on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal. It placed northeast of the state and also it is the gateway of South India.
- Chennai is classified into the four main divisions: named south, west, north and central Chennai. Among these, the most important part and busiest part is central Chennai.
- Chennai has the second largest beach in the world named Marina beach. It has been voted one of the safest city to live in India. Better law enforcement, low crime rate makes the city comfortable to live.
- Due to the massive presence of automobile industry, Chennai is the automobile hub of the country.
- In India, Vandalur Zoo is the first public zoo and largest zoo. And also Anna centenary library is the biggest library in Asia.
- Chennai is one of the safest destinations. In Chennai, hotels are generally less expensive compared to cities like Delhi and Mumbai. Mid-range hotels also provide good value for money.
Due to extensive of textile industries, Coimbatore is known as Manchester of South India and it is the second largest city in Tamil Nadu.
- A wide range of population exists in Coimbatore and it comprises of Telugu’s and Kannadigas of 23% and most of the peoples from Kerala of 18%.
- There are more than 30,000 tiny small, large and medium textile mills and industries. It is known for its entrepreneurship of its residents and the climate of the city is comfortable around the year.
- Coimbatore is located on the banks of river Noyyal. The city also famous for the manufacture of various engineering goods and motor pump sets.
- The rich black soil of the region makes the successful growth of cotton and it is the foundation for the establishment of the famous textile industries.
- Coimbatore city has the strongest economy and the city is one of the greatest industrial cities in South India.
- Coimbatore not only famous for its textile, and industrial but also famous for its education, healthcare, commercial and information technology.
- In Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore is the second largest software producer.
Madurai is one of the most important cities in Tamil Nadu. Madurai is located on the banks of River Vaigai.
- Madurai is very close to the Tamil culture and also it is responsible for the growth of Tamil language.
- Madurai is one of the best places where you can see lord Nataraja standing on his left leg (that is right leg is raised). You can find these stories in ancient books.
- Meenakshi Amman temple is one of the best places to visit in Tamil Nadu. Madurai city is basically built around the temple. It has the temple in the center and the streets are forming concentric circles around it and the city is shaped like the form of lotus.
- Madurai is also famous for its Gandhi museum. This museum has Gandhi cloths he wore on the last day of his life.
- The best Indian jasmine is produced in Madurai. It is one of the best producers of the lovely jasmine flower.
- According to the recent survey results, Madurai is the least polluted city in Tamil Nadu.
- Bull taming sport is known as jallikattu in Tamil Nadu. It is conducted during the Pongal celebrations and Madurai is famous for this event.
- Madurai is the hub of the Tamil culture and Dravidian art.
Trichy is situated on the banks of river Cauvery and it is the fourth largest city in Tamil Nadu.
- Sri Ranganathaswamy temple is located in Trichy. It is the world’s largest functioning Hindu temple. Ranganathaswamy temple builds between the 6th and 9th centuries and the temple was built for Lord Vishnu.
- Rock Fort temple is another famous place to visit in Tiruchirappalli. It is situated in the fort’s highest reaches. In the Carnatic war periods, rock fort played a major part and is one of the major battles that helped to establish the British rule in India.
- Jambukeshwara temple is one of the five major temples in the state of Tamil Nadu. This temple was built for Lord Vishnu.
- Vayalur Murugan temple also located in Trichy and it is dedicated to Lord Murugan.
- Kallanai dam also one of the best place to visit in Tamil Nadu. It was built by the Cholas in the 2nd century. It is the greatest picnic spot and it is located in a peaceful place.
Salem, Tamil Nadu
Salem is one of the best city in Tamil Nadu. It is surrounded by the hilly regions.
- Salem is the major textile center in Tamil Nadu. Salem district has more than 125 spinning mills, garment units, and weaving units.
- Yercaud is one of the best hill stations to visit in Tamil Nadu. It situated in 1,515 meters high in the Shervoroy hills and it is one of the peaceful hill stations among the coffee plantations. Yercaud is a great place for boating and trekking.
- Hogenakkal is one of the most important water resources in Tamil Nadu. Cauvery River flows through Hogenakkal and it is one of the wonderful waterfalls in Tamil Nadu.
• Mettur dam is another important place to visit in Tamil Nadu. It was completed in the year 1934.